A new CHIME Zine centering around the voices of activists and artists from marginalized communities
To coincide with the occasion of International Day of the Girl on October 11, CHIME FOR CHANGE released a new issue of the CHIME Zine, containing powerful stories and illustrations from artists, activists and writers representing some of the most marginalized communities around the world, united together to call for urgent action on gender equality.
The latest CHIME Zine, Gucci’s ongoing publication dedicated to amplifying the voices of activists and artists fighting for gender equality globally, explores topics including gender and the US disability movement, Palestine as a feminist issue, gender identity, abortion access on the US and Mexico border, mental health and sexual violence.
“CHIME is a call to action, a demand that we center our communities’ most marginalized members. Change may start with a chime but happens when we choose To Gather Together.”
- Judy Heumann, Chella Man and Andraéa LaVant in conversation on gender and the US disability movement
- Artworks by Palestinian graphic designer Hiba Walid Yassine on Palestinian heritage, Afghan artist Kubra Khademi whose naked women series subverts and resists a patriarchal order that mythologizes womanhood, and Indian artist Varnita Sethi on self-expression and gender identity
- An interview by Paxton Smith with filmmakers Maya Cueva and Leah Galant on abortion access on the US and Mexico border
- Special spotlights on nonprofit organizations including mothers2mothers and their Mentor Mothers, who are delivering critical health services and education to mothers and children in sub-Saharan Africa, as well as Omna Tigray, whose vision is to fight injustice and amplify the voices of the people of Tigray
- Essays by Noura Erakat on Palestine as a feminist issue and Ariman Scriba on the impact of external environment on mental health
- A special compilation from Mahila Zine of firsthand experiences and stories from women in India
CHIME Zine No. 4 can be found at the following locations:
- Piazza della Signoria, 10, 50122 Firenze, Italy
- 63 Wooster St, New York, NY 10012
- via del Pigneto 39/a, 00176 Roma
- Bookstore Palazzo delle Esposizioni – Via Milano, 15/17, 00184 Rome
- La Pelanda, Piazza Orazio Giustiniani, 4, 00153 Rome
- Bookshop Libreria Macro – Via Nizza 138, 00198 Rome
- Largo Febo 14-16, 00186 Roma
- Piazza Alberica 11, 54033, Carrara (MS)
- 828 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX 78702
View and explore the special digital CHIME Zine here on Gucci Equilibrium.