Gucci & CHIME FOR CHANGE partner with The Meteor to amplify the modern movement for gender equality
Building on its longstanding work to bring people together across borders and generations in support of gender equality, Gucci and CHIME FOR CHANGE are pleased to partner with media platform The Meteor to launch 21 for ’21: Visions For a Feminist Future, a series of free, virtual events featuring 21 voices to amplify the modern movement for gender equality, culminating in a summit on Tuesday, May 18.
Hosted by The Meteor and presented in partnership with CHIME FOR CHANGE Gucci’s campaign to advance gender equality globally, 21 for ’21 will bring together a unique cross-generational collection of changemakers – including well-known activists, artists, leaders and athletes – leading individual talks, monologues, conversations, short films and more, encouraging attendees to collaborate with leaders in the field of gender equality to reimagine a better, fairer and freer world in all arenas and across all genders and races. Among the first wave of announced speakers are:
- Raquel Willis, transgender activist, award-winning writer
- Amanda Nguyen, CEO of Rise and Nobel Peace Prize nominee
- Gloria Steinem, feminist journalist and activist
- Brittany Packnett Cunningham, activist, writer and Gucci Changemakers Council member
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, journalist, Oscar-winning filmmaker and CHIME FOR CHANGE Advisory Board member
- Lorella Praeli, immigrant rights powerhouse
- Phill Picardi, podcast host and former Out editor-in-chief
To register for the event, please RSVP at 21for21.live.
The Meteor is a new media platform focused on modern, intersectional feminist work and powered by a collective of activists, journalists and creators. The Meteor’s programming has featured leaders such as Padma Lakshmi, Nikki Giovanni, Cecile Richards, America Ferrera, the cast of Orange Is the New Black, as well as creative artists ranging from Oscar-winning directors to TikTok stars.