Image of Gucci Changemakers logo, designed by artists and activist Cleo Wade,
who also serves on the CHIME FOR CHANGE Advisory Board
and co-chairs the Gucci Changemakers Council.
The fund was created to accelerate positive social change in diverse communities by supporting grass-roots organizations creating local impact
The Impact Fund will award grant funding to community-based 501(c)(3) organizations across the select Changemaker cities for up to $1 million in grants. Preference will be given to organizations led by leaders of color and other diverse communities. Funding will be provided to applicants focused on key social impact areas including social justice and equity; arts and culture; health equity and wellness; and education. Grants will range between $10,000-50,000 and are for one-year funding cycles, beginning January 1, 2021.
There will be two key application submission periods. First, beginning on September 24th, applicants will be invited to register their organizations and proposal ideas. The deadline for this initial registration period is October 22nd. Following this period, a select number of organizations will be invited to submit a more detailed proposal by November 30th, 2020.
Discover more about the community organizations we have supported so far:
- HBCU VC, Atlanta, GA
- After School Matters, Chicago, IL
- Braven, Chicago, IL
- Design Core, Detroit, MI
- Writers in the Schools, Houston, TX
- Black AIDS Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Educate Tomorrow, Miami, FL
- The Alliance for GLBTQ Youth, Miami, FL
- ACLU of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- Custom Collaborative, New York, NY
- Slay TV, New York, NY
- National Youth Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
- Creativity Explored, San Francisco, CA
- Talking Points, San Francisco, CA
- UforChange, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Washington, D.C.
Gucci Changemakers global program aims to support industry change and to foster unity through community action. It contributes to fueling the company’s commitment to creating lasting social impact in the communities and within the fashion industry.
Launched in 2019, Gucci Changemakers global program includes three initiatives:
- Gucci Changemakers global employee-volunteering program
- Gucci Changemakers North America Impact Fund
- Gucci Changemakers North America Scholarship Program